Kjeldahl Digestion Units
The digester is a widely used instrument in laboratories performing nitrogen analysis for diversified applications in food&feed, beverage, environmental, chemical and pharmaceutical industries.
- The most common nitrogen & protein determination technique
- Applications in multiple markets
Food & Feed / Beverages (nitrogen, protein, Total Kjeldahl Nitrogen)
Environmental (COD, Total Kjeldahl Nitrogen)
Chemical and Pharmaceutical (organic nitrogen) industries
- Conformity with multiple standards protocols
AOAC, ISO, EPA, DIN etc.
Kjeldahl analysis method
- Break down the bonds that hold the polypeptides together
- Convert them into simpler molecules such as H2O, CO2 and NH3
- Reactions can be speeded up
by higher temperature used during digestion
by the presence of acid, salt and catalysts
- During the reaction corrosive, toxic gases are created
for example SO2 and SO3
- Gases can be neutralized using the VELP
Dedicated pump, able to aspirate gases and vapors
Scrubber to capture final traces of toxic fumes
- VELP also offers consumables to speed and and simplify digestions
Automatic Kjeldahl Digestion Units - DKL Series
Fully Automatic Kjeldahl Digestion Units for nitrogen analysis and protein determination that incorporate the revolutionary TEMS™ technology for unprecedented Savings in terms of Time, Energy - as much as 35%, Money and Space.
Kjeldahl Digestion Units - DK Series
Traditional Kjeldahl Digestion Units for nitrogen analysis and protein determination, with an aluminum heating block that offers an excellent thermal homogeneity, with a maximum working temperature of 450 °C.
Recirculating Water Pump - JP
Recirculating Water Pump that ensures optimum aspiration depending on the digestion phases and the number of samples placed in the digester connected to the pump.
Scrubber - SMS
Designed to neutralize corrosive and toxic fumes produced during oxidative mineralizations or similar processes.
- Food & Feed Line
- Environment Line
- Stirring Line
- Other Lab Equipment