Solvent extraction is used to determine the quantity of various components contained in agricultural, industrial or environmental samples.
VELP for over 30 years is a reference point in the solid-liquid extraction with Randall method that ensures better efficiency, speed and solvent saving compared to the traditional Soxhlet technique.
The solid-liquid extraction process removes the soluble components from solids using a liquid solvent in different steps: Immersion, Washing and Solvent Recovery.
VELP offers a complete range of solvent extractor systems and hydrolysis unit suitable for qualitative and quantitative extractable matter determinations such as:
- Crude and Total Fat determination in food and feed;
- Fat/Oil extraction in textile fibers, pulp, and paper;
- Sample preparation for PCBs and Dioxin analysis;
- Oil determination in Recycled PET;
- Extraction of cannabinoids;